Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Removing a radiator: good idea?

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:05:11 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi,

In my bedroom I have a conventional hot-water cast iron radiator. I like the heat it provides, but I don't like so many other things about it: it occupies space under a window, my roomba gets stuck underneath it

This you can correct just by putting a grill between the front legs of
the radiator. If there is adequate circulation from the back, and
sides you can put a solid piece of wood there.

I finally put a piece of wood along one side of my bed and I no longer
lose my shoes or socks. It's wonderful.