Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Craftsman tablesaw (old)

On 11/16/2012 5:20 PM, DJayhawk wrote:
The blade is true and 90, but the rear part of the fence appears to run in toward the blade. That has to be where the binding is coming from.

I spent some time aligning my fence and made a couple cuts feeding really slow. It's still not cutting how I hoped it would. It maybe be that I do need to upgrade the blade.

Thanks for all the suggestions. What blade should I get?

While this might be hard to swallow, I recommend something like a
Forrest WWII regular kerf, 40 teeth.

Yes it is expensive, $100 plus a little but it will stay sharp for a
very very long time and can be resharpened dozens of times. AND if you
upgrade your saw it will most likely be transferable. ;~)