Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH RJH is offline

Default Noisy combi boiler? (Ideal Logic 24)

On 16/11/2012 09:11, Phil K wrote:
Phil K wrote in
:

PS... Correction!: The boiler DOES sound noisy at its location in the
coat cupboard. (I just checked again, during a period when the rest of
the house is quiet). In fact, its location in the cupboard, is the
place where the noise is loudest, as you'd expect. I've noticed that
the noise doesn't stop as soon as the "burner on" LED goes out. And if
I switch the boiler's front knob to off (i.e., from 'central heating'
to completely 'off', the noise continues for approximately 4 minutes
afterwards. The noise starts again instantly, as soon as I switch the
boiler back on to "C" mode or "C+D" (ie., c/h + dhw). The noise sounds
to me like the sound of a main burner - hence my earlier reference to
a jet engine.

PPS... Since the noise seems to be constant, while the c/h is turned on,
and continues 4 minutes after it is turned off, and dos not disappear when
the burner LED goes out, does this suggest that it is the flue fan that is
making all the noise? Is this normal?

I've got the Logic 30, newly installed. I don't think it's overly noisy
as these things go, but I will box it in when the time comes.

The 4 minute thing is either 'fan purge' or 'pump overrun' - does it not
say that on the display? This suggests to me that the noise is more pump
than burner.

My main complaint is a high pitched tone that can be heard in the
bathroom, directly above the boiler, and throughout the house in the
dead of night. Previous house with identical boiler did the same.

Rob