Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Retrofit-Grounding Fifties-Era House?

Per :
In the 50's
having the system grounded was already standard practice.
Back then, likely they would have tied it to the water pipe.
But it's also possible there is a ground wire going somewhere.

Bingo for both.

They used solid copper instead the woven flexy stuff I was
looking for... so it took awhile to recognize it.

In the context of the "Ground Fault" warnings from various UPS',
though, I still think I need to have the ground electrically
verified... I'm guessing there are tools for that and it's just a
matter of finding the right person with the right tool.
--
Pete Cresswell