Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman tablesaw (old)

"DJayhawk" wrote:

I have old Craftsman 1 hp tablesaw that is just dogging out on me
when I'm ripping 3/4" plywood.

What can I do to get this old dog performing better? Does the blade
have that much of a factor or could there be other issues?

The model is 113.29992 it might be from the late 60's. the blade on
there now is a new Black and Decker Pirranah.

A 1 HP motor is a little light for cutting ply.

If you are operating at 120V, re-wire for 240V operation.

It will make a major difference.

While not inexpensive, a 1-1/2 HP motor will also make a big
difference.

Not familiar with the blade, but I never found Black and Decker blades
to be anything but low initial cost.

I would look at Freud for a blade.

Have fun.

Lew