Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT New tax coming.

On 14/11/2012 19:34, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Roland Perry
scribeth thus
In message , at 18:02:54 on
Wed, 14 Nov 2012, charles remarked:
I do know better. I know what they get up to, how long they spend at work
how much leisure time they have. They use holidays to the max and spend
little or no time working during those periods. They get 52 weeks pay for
working 30 weeks. Even when at work they get long rest periods between
lessons.

obviously you are not married to a teacher

Both my parents were teachers, and neither brought any work home
(although my dad tended not to get back until dinner time).

Times have changed Roland. It might have been like then but not now...

My sister, an aunt, an uncle and a cousin are all teachers (well the
uncle was, he has recently retired and just does supply now). My sister
does do some preparation outside school hours, but has far, far more
"leisure" time than myself and most of my friends. My aunt has been seen
to mark work, but again has plenty of free time. The cousin I don't know
about yet as she has only just started in teaching. The Uncle was a head
of department as well as doing his teaching duties - he has never been
seen to do any work outside school, never stayed late (except for
parents evenings and the like) and frequently gone away for four or five
weeks at a time (more than most people can manage in a year!)

SteveW