Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Removing paper backing from old Plexiglas

"Robert Green" wrote in news:k8332m$uuk$1@dont-
email.me:

Yesterday I was about to toss all the Plexi scraps I have because the paper
backing is stuck on so tight it can't be peeled off. I decided to try
laquer thinner, assuming it was going to melt the plexiglass since they were
headed for the trash anyway.

I moistened a paper towel with it, place it on the paper backing and a few
minutes later it had softened the backing enough so that I could peel it
free (with a bit of work - the scraps are probably 25 years old).

Have you tried a heat gun?