Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default mixer tap spout

On 15/11/2012 14:15, F Murtz wrote:
stuart noble wrote:
The spout on our kitchen mixer tap has always been a bit stiff so I
thought I'd take it off and have a look. Problem is, the grub screw at
the back is too close to the tiles to get any sort of screwdriver in
there. I had thought I could hold a bit in a pair of mole grips, but
even that's too long. The gap I have is around 23mm. An allen key with a
phillips/pozi head might fit, but is there such a thing? I'm sure
plumbers must have encountered this problem.
Cheers for any advice

You can get right angled screwdrivers, even ratchet ones

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2611145...pes& var=sbar

But it needs an inch and I don't quite have that much