Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil K[_2_] Phil K[_2_] is offline

Default Noisy combi boiler? (Ideal Logic 24)

I just had an Ideal Logic 24 combi boiler installed in the ground floor
coat cupboard of my 3-bed semi. It's all working properly, but it sounds
quite noisy from within upstairs rooms. Surprisingly, if you stand right
outside the boiler cupboard, it sounds very quiet - even if the cupboard
door is open. From upstairs, it sounds like a Boeing 747 just prior to
takeoff. I guess it must be sending its sound waves directly upwards rather
than outwards. Or could the sound be the actual copper pipework resonating?

I've been thinking about installing some kind of soundproof ceiling in the
cupboard. Or is there some other remedy I should try first?

TIA

PK