Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changing a lamp safely

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:40:13 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:16:51 -0000, John Williamson

It was by the normal standards of the day. Normal bore central heating
was about 2 inches diameter and circulation was ensured by convection.

No pump?

That's what circulation by convection normally means, yes.

I thought maybe you meant assisted by convection.

That sounds a good idea, 1 less pump to go wrong. I assume it wasn't so
effective at getting the water round quickly.

Hence the large pipe bore. The problem was that it made it a right b1tch
to fit in most homes, so central heating was the exclusive preserve of
the rich and premises such as hospitals and schools.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.