Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Changing a lamp safely

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:16:15 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:20:23 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
I've never thought of a reason why I would want to do that.

Curiosity prompted by their complete failure to work as a pea shooter?

How flexible are the dissections? If they can bounce the pea back, that
would definitely prompt someone to investigate.

They just block the tube so you can't blow down it. If you can't get any
airflow, the pea won't move.

I've never used one, we always made bow and arrows. I assumed that you started with the pea in your mouth, so it would still accelerate before it went into the tube, even if blocked.

They're also difficult to remove in a way
that gives you a smooth bore so you get a good seal round the pea for
best muzzle velocity.

What did you use instead? PVC pipe?

I was a precocious little soandso at primary school.

I once stapled an entire shelf of books together so when one was removed there was a bit of a mess.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or the tiger. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, trampling and eating everything it sees.