Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT New tax coming.

In article -
september.org, Steve Firth scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In article -
september.org, Steve Firth scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

And of course teachers get those nice long holidays, getting paid a full
wage for a stressful 30 week year.

Do you know any as friends at all?..

Yes and as relatives.

Then you should know better...

I do know better. I know what they get up to, how long they spend at work
how much leisure time they have. They use holidays to the max and spend
little or no time working during those periods. They get 52 weeks pay for
working 30 weeks. Even when at work they get long rest periods between
lessons.

Well you don't know the ones I know...

I doubt you do..

How nice for you.

And no I don't believe they work during holidays. Teachers I know spend
every holiday... On holiday. Oh and of course INSETT days are treated as
holidays as well.

They need the holidays ..

Well I do know a few. One of them is a head of year at a boarding
school. He's off to work at 7:30 and comes back most days at 21:00 Mon
to Sat, tho admittedly some exeat Saturdays that might be around 3 PM.
Sunday is spent lesson preparation and marking.

At a private school.

Nope, a state boarding school, they do exist.

Not only him, there are others there to. All much the same as him many
more hours worked than what they are strictly employed to do..

Where his salary will be higher than at a state school
and where continuing employment is linked to both performance and pastoral
care. I have no problem with these teachers they do a good job and bad
teachers don't seem to last long in the job.

Another is a headmaster at a state secondary school. Similar if not
worse life rather existence style. He does seem to be occupied in the
holidays with school related matters...

Head teacher, salary probably over 90k actual responsibility less than in
private industry for that level of pay. Holiday entitlement "generous",
pension feather bedded.

In your opinion. So if you do have children are you OK with any old tom
or harry teaching them then?...

Other half does much the same. I wonder how many jobs your expected to
work 9 to half five

Few teachers work to 17:30. They leave not long after the pupils.

Nope, not there a lot of them are there supervising after school
activities etc..

then spend most evenings marking, lesson prep

Or as a relative of mine says? Lesson prep? I had to do that once after
getting a PGCE. If I have to do it again in the next five years it will be
a rare day.

Your obviously not in teaching then..

and
doing all the other paperwork dreamt up by the powers that be..

Ah yes the ephemeral "paperwork" much complained about but not evidenced.

As above, your not in that profession ..

I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your children
take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of useless bored

and
hence boring ****s.

So what establishment did you spend you time at then?..

What has that to do with anything?

Well what educational establishment, one I presume that wasn't run by
"boring ****s" I expect?..

You expect wrong. Three teachers AFAIR who
Knew their subject and could communicate it. I skipped school for three
years attending the lessons taught by decent teachers. I spent those years
in the public library educating myself. I got the best examination results
at that school and teachers who I had barely seen claimed the credit at the
certificate ceremony. The three who actually taught me something were
extremely modest.

So no one queried your extended absences then?..

Who's educating your children?. You DIY it then?..

No one is educating my children.

So either you don't have any or they a DIY option then?..

BTW are you outing yourself as an overpaid leadswinger?

Nope, self employed/company director for the last 28 years.

Never once been on the dole or claimed unemployment benefits.

Or most any other benefit either..

And you?...

Exactly the same as you.

But I note that you have outed yourself as protecting your other half so I
don't expect you to be objective.

Theres no one "outing" anyone or anything. Yes my other half is rather
like me, has worked bloody hard from humble beginnings.

And most all of that in the private sector.

But I suppose your version of "objective" and mine differ..

Thanks....
--
Tony Sayer