Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Changing a lamp safely

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:53:15 -0000, wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:20:23 +0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

No, it's stacked sealed cylinders not a tube.

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

I've never thought of a reason why I would want to do that.

Curiosity prompted by their complete failure to work as a pea shooter?

Managed to hollow out a couple of yard lengths from some old bean
sticks. Used a bit of steel wire heated up . I was experimenting in
making a dribble bar for a flower bed and had no spare pipe around at
the time nor really wished to travel to town and spend out on any .
Bamboo was thick enough to force fit into some push 15mm plumbing
fittings I had about including T Piece and stop ends and drilling
the dribble holes was easy .
One of those jobs where you start to do something because you think
you can and end up finishing it because you are determined to, even
though the effort doesn't really justify the finished result.
Did work reasonably enough for one season though.

Presumably it goes rotten fairly quick though?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Peter is now listening to "Guo Yi & Guo Yue - Mongolian Horse"