Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT New tax coming.

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:22:37 PM UTC, dennis@home wrote:

In article ,

Roland Perry wrote:

In message m, at

14:20:54 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, "dennis@home"

remarked:

My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which

required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor

pay was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. From education.gov.uk:

"At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high

compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced

teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside

London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between

£42,379 and £112,000."

That is now. He was poorly paid throughout most of his working life. And

teachers' pensions will be very different in the future anyway.

BTW, just how many teachers do you think become head teachers?

I would say too many.

Why do they have to be teachers to manage a school in the first place?

You don't have to, but working in a university where you have managers that don;t understand education is frustrating, as they seemt o spend the money on fancy tables & chairs when what I really need is 20 PP3 batteries for nwxt week, but they're maxed out on the credit card :-o.