Posted to alt.home.repair
.-. .-. is offline

Default What about no-plumbing toilets

wrote in message
On Monday, November 12, 2012 9:22:05 AM UTC-5, rlz wrote:
I'm not sure about them, but on Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe had to work on a
incinerating toilet that was on a boat. If I recall correctly, it
burns any waste into ashes.. That may be an option for you.

...and if you recall, the process of cleaning said toilet was completely
disgusting.

No matter what you do, it's going to involve handling some stinky at some
point or other in the process.

If you think $hitting into a plastic bag is gross, try using a real
outhouse where you're dumping into an open hole in the ground. The only
time the smell is bearable is the first dump into a new hole.

My grandparents kept a scuttle full of wood ashes (from the cook stove) in
their
outhouse. After going, a scoop or two of ashes in the hole kept the smell
at a minimum.

Tomsic