Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Removing construction adhesive

On 11/13/2012 1:27 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
We've got a nice big mirrored bathroom cabinet. It stores my shaver,
some band-aids, Advil, and about 100 other items I have no earthly idea
about.

It came with the house, and we liked the size, but it was transcendently
ugly; a mirror-chrome frame with gold accents. The whole room was pretty
amazing actually. The walls were done in floral metallic foil wallpaper.
My wife said it was like being inside a birthday present.

But I digress. Many years ago, before my woodworking skills advanced to
their current "novice" level, I made a frame out of oak molding to
replace the chromed monstrosity.I recently built a much nicer frame to
hide the ragged edge that some "professional installers" left around a
"through-wall" air conditioner at my Mom's house. It looks ever so much
nicer than our bathroom cabinet, and something nearly identical would
fit there perfectly. What's more, it was a cinch to build.

But...

I recently re-attached the old frame with some sort of construction
adhesive (just before I had the "better idea" naturally). It feels
pretty strong, too; wood molding attached to flat sheet metal. I can't
remember which brand I used, a piece of info I'm sure would have been
useful.

Any ideas?

a heat gun carefully applied, with a fire extinguisher nearby. other
than that, a pry bar.