Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default EPA/CARB-mandated Blitz portable gasoline containers (additionalgas can rant)

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:26:34 AM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
Must be recalled! Bad design. Extremely dangerous! I've had gasoline all
over my trunk THREE TIMES (three different Blitz 5-gallon cans with the
idiotic Enviro-flow gas spout. You WILL be sued for this idiotically
designed spout. There WILL be deaths! I am making a copy of this post. A
normal and reasonable consumer has NO WAY of knowing that these (must be
recalled!) spouts are leaking until it is too late! Please advise as I
have a dozen of these portable gasoline containers. If I'm ever hurt - it
would be your fault because even though I know of the fault - it will
STILL LEAK unbeknownst to me because you can not SEE the leak on an empty
gasoline can. You can't see it on a filled gasoline can! It leaks in
transit - at the worst possible moment. It's CRIMINAL that this spout is
allowed to be left and you WILL CAUSE DEATH by inaction! Please advise.

Good luck with that. Nobody has made a decent gas can in the USA in at least 10 years. They ALL leak. They ALL break. They ALL suck.

They HAVE to know there's a problem. It's been going on far too long. Either the environmental laws prevent them from doing something about it, or they just don't care.