Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Mirror backing

dpb wrote:
On 11/13/2012 9:59 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:47:13 -0500,
wrote:

Keith Nuttle wrote:
We are putting a 41" X 33" mirror in the tv hole above our fire
place. ...

As long as the trim retains the morror in its niche, why bother
with a backing? Hanging mirrors don't have them, not substantial
ones at least.

Because if someone trips in the area, their hand going through the
mirror would guarantee it being (neatly or nearly) hacked off if
there were no backing.

Trip and fall _OVER_ the fireplace up into the TV niche above it????

That's some "trip"...

Perhaps there be giants...

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net