Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Freud Thin Kerf blades

On 11/13/2012 5:16 AM, Mike M wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:39:56 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

Quite appropriate in ripping configurations on under powered saws.
Really do take less power to cut so extend the capabilities of the
saw. However, I have had issues with side chatter and I hate edge
sanding so slowly reverting back to full kerf myself.

Wondering if the Freud anti-vibration relief cuts in the blade will cure
or mitigate that problem, if any, with the blade. We'll see, I guess.

Your biggest problem/concern will probably be from blade flex,
especially when making bevel or compound angle cuts, and or going from
hard to soft spots when ripping. It might sorta/so to speak cut around
an area with a knot.