Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Mounting Conundrum

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:14:54 -0800, "anorton"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:29:17 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

But I went and took it on an airline flight for the first time this
week,
and it didn't survive well. The position feedback from the pivot is
provided by a nice inexpensive potentiometer with a D-shaped hole, into
which one inserts a shaft of the correct dimensions. Here's a close-up
of the pot mounted on the board, with a shaft (and, if you've sharp
eyes,
a little paper shim that keeps things snug).

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l...TBCc3VzWDYxZ0E

Is that chrome tube on the back the arm you expect the pot to support?

The easier method with the shaft would be a split tapered shaft that
uses friction to compress and retain the
shaft.

Hell..simply give the pot a bit of hotglue and glue the damed thing
down to the board. Wont take much and its easily removable

"The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be
reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and
controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced,
if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again
learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

(Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.)

Yet again, (yawn) your signature quote is a nearly complete fabrication:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cicero-plan.htm

Besides, there was no concept of either bankruptcy or long-term public debt
in ancient Rome.

And yet again, Im a Democrat. I can post any damned lie, error or
political expedient that I want. And there isnt a damned thing you or
any other Establishment fat cat can do or say about it.

Afterall...5 generations of predecesors in the Democratic Party have
set the bar.

Now was there anything else you wished to babble and blither about,
you mother****ing dong headed cocksuckin PIG?????

"The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it."
-Abbie Hoffman

"We can change the world, rearrange the world. It's dying - if you
believe in justice. It's Dying - if you believe in freedom. It's Dying
- let a man live his own life. It's Dying - rules and regulations, who
needs them! Open up the door."
-Crosby, Stills & Nash

Gunner