Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_12_] Stephen[_12_] is offline

Default buy to let: tax implications?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:42:54 -0800 (PST), jgharston
wrote:

Decide what you want to do. Do you *want* to be a landlord or do
you want to property refurbishment?

That's another dilemma I'm in at the moment. It all depends how this
ones goes. If I enjoyed doing up a house more than my day job (which
is quite likely!) I would love to give up my job and do property
development.

However, if when I have finished working on the house, I cannot sell
it for a reasonable profit, perhaps it makes sense to let it and wait
for the house prices to pick up?

But I do take the point of another reply, which said that doing up to
sell and doing up to let involve different work being done. If only I
had a crystal ball!

Thanks,
Stephen.

PS I'm looking at the links other posters gave - thanks.