Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default What about no-plumbing toilets

wrote:
I have heard that there are toilets that do not require a drain pipe to
the sewer or septic, and dont need water to flush them. I'm looking for
something like that for a cabin which is only used a couple weeks a
year. What are the options?
I should add to this that I dont want a large unit since the cabin is
small. I also dont have a basement so anything that needs to go under
the floor wont work. I'd perfer something that is portable and movable.

Yea, I know they make camping toilets that are nothing but a 5gal
plastic pail with a molded seat on top and plastic bags in the pail. I
bought one, they work but I'd prefer something a little more advanced
and much less smelly.

I saw similar unit on survival preppers. The bag was sealed after using.
Close quarters !!

Greg