Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Bifold Door Pivot Issue

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:10:16 -0600, James Harvey
wrote:

Hi All,

The bottom door pivot is angled outwards to get the front of the door close
to the trim at the bottom of the door when it's closed. Otherwise there will
be a large gap between the front of the door and the trim at the bottom.

It works fine as is, but it's quite visible and ugly. I can't straighten it
and move closer to the outside or I'll have to screw into the edge of the
drywall with the outer mounting hole. I can't use the floor mounting hole
because there is porcelain tile beneath it.

What can I do about this? Any help appreciated.

Photo he

http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/us...html?&_suid=13
52772506607029410424013622105

I'm confused why the bracket is diagonal to the wall. Looks like the
bracket was installed incorrectly.

I mounted my bi fold bottom bracket on porcelain. The reveal around
the door is equal on all sides. Drilled into the porcelain for an
anchor screw.

Perhaps re-mount the bracket?