Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Freud Thin Kerf blades

On Monday, November 12, 2012 8:19:29 PM UTC-8, Leon wrote:
On 11/12/2012 2:00 PM, Unquestionably Confused wrote: I hope you all will excuse this post since it has absolutely nothing to do with the election, politics, health care or, gasp, getting ripped off by a woodworking supply company.g Anyone care to provide a user review for the Freud Premier 40T thin kerf blade. Appears to be a combo with that sexy red finish. All that I've seen about it indicate that it's a winner. Been looking for a nice combo/general purpose blade to avoid switching back and forth during small projects. Don't use think kerf any more, but those that like think kerf will probably give it a good response. IMHO it is inherently flawed.

Quite appropriate in ripping configurations on under powered saws. Really do take less power to cut so extend the capabilities of the saw. However, I have had issues with side chatter and I hate edge sanding so slowly reverting back to full kerf myself.