Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default Electric blankets, Gratuitous complexity??

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:05:40 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

fired this volley in
:

Nonsense. Just cycle skip. It's only heat. Pulse width modulation
averaging across seconds is just fine.

If you'd take the time to read the thread before making a knee-jerk
response, you'd note that I dealt with that in an immediate follow-up to
the one you responded. I just hit "send now" before writing everything I
meant to. (but -did- follow up to address your exact contention)

Sometimes, sometimes not. It often depends on what's in my view at the
time. Errors this glaring do deserve a response. It was a *DUMB*
statement. I actually didn't notice that I was in SED. It was *that*
dumb.

I'm not in the 'nonsense' business concerning electronics -- having made
it my profession for over 40 years.

Apparently you are in the nonsense business, and have been for forty
years. You pulled a real boner on this one. Defending it, such as
you are trying, is worse.

Do you make "gut" decisions when trouble-shooting, and just swap
suspected parts, or do you thoroughly examine the symptoms first? The
first, we used to call "tube caddies" in the old TV days. The latter, we
called "technicians".

Have you stepped in it this deep every day of your forty years? Not
that any of this has anything to do with your absurd statements.