Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Splash Shield - Enclosure

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:42:57 -0800 (PST), Bob La Londe
wrote:

How are you managing coolant spray on your CNC knee mill?

The work on the KMB1 is progressing with most things figured out and
my largest limitation being time available to work on it.

I'll be adding a full separate Z to the side of the head for a 40K
watercooled spindle.

I also plan to machine some stuff that with mounting hardware will
exceed the size of the table.

I don't use flood on my CNC because of the mess. I did make a copy of
the Henchforth fogbuster mister for a heavy coolant spray.

if you're cooling that 40 K spindle you'll need a nice set of splash
guards. I guess the size would depend on how big your parts are.

Karl