Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Electric blankets, Gratuitous complexity??

z fired this volley in
:

Nonsense. Just cycle skip. It's only heat. Pulse width modulation
averaging across seconds is just fine.

If you'd take the time to read the thread before making a knee-jerk
response, you'd note that I dealt with that in an immediate follow-up to
the one you responded. I just hit "send now" before writing everything I
meant to. (but -did- follow up to address your exact contention)

I'm not in the 'nonsense' business concerning electronics -- having made
it my profession for over 40 years.

Do you make "gut" decisions when trouble-shooting, and just swap
suspected parts, or do you thoroughly examine the symptoms first? The
first, we used to call "tube caddies" in the old TV days. The latter, we
called "technicians".

LLoyd