Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Used car prices: UP

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:56:30 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 18:30:15 -0500, wrote:

Same with engines. The "world" 2.4 is used by hyundai, mitsubishi
Chrysler,and Kia. A few yeara ago the V6 used by Peugot, Renault,
Citreon, DeLorean, and Volvo was all the same engine (Douvrin).

I've not tracked down the origins, but I'm sure my 2.0 Turbo is shared
by others too. Mitsubishi, Audi, and a few others have the same size.

Just because AMC and GM both had a 327 does NOT mean they were the
same engine. Even Pontiac, Buick, Chevy and Olds used to have their
own totally separate 350 (and 400 I believe) and checy had both BBC
and SBC 400 engines at the same time.

Of course today there is a LOT more cross-polination than there was
back then. The "world engine" DOES come in many different
displacements - shared among the same players. Audi and Mits do not
share. Mits does share with Chrysler, Hyundai/Kia ( and possiblya
couple of others)