Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ron Paul: A New Beginning

On 11/12/2012 2:13 AM, harry wrote:
On Nov 12, 1:58 am, J wrote:
The depression was caused by the Federal Reserve tightening the money
supply. The best thing to do would be to eliminate the Federal
Reserve and their money juggling policies.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:55:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
I think that further spending would be totally
irresponsible. Taking money away frm future
generations in the form of debt, is cruel to them.

I've heard that the depression was longer,
and recovery slower, because of liberals who
didn't just cut taxes, and display some responsibility
and maturity.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"David Kaye" wrote in message

The only way out of our financial problem is for the federal government to
spend spend spend. This is how we got out of the Great Depression. (Ever
hear of the WPA and World War II?) As it stands now, the dollar is stronger
than any other world currency, so we have the breathing room to spend spend
spend. It will begin to cause some inflation which is sorely needed now.
The deflation we'd been having has caused the collapse of the housing
market, the collapse of banks, and the pricing of American goods way too
high abroad. If we can get infation going again, our products will again be
competitive on the world markets.

The depression was caused by BAD debt. Banks, government and public.

I think it has more to do with invisible money. Intangible money backed
by hope and change, to make a pun. I watched an interesting video
explaining the monetization of debt and the consequences. It would
strike a normal struggling bloke like me as bizarre to sell your debt to
get along. I go to Harry and say "Harry, Fred owes me 25 clams, I'll
give you this IOU from Fred for the 20 clams I owe you and you can
collect 25 clams from Fred." Of course when Harry goes to Fred, he has
no clams but he has an IOU from Chris for 27 clams which he offers to
Harry for the debt and swaps IOU's with him and on and on until your
head explodes from the confusion. It seems that the world financial
system is working something like that and of course I'll never claim to
have a complete understanding of it except to state that it is one very
big cluster coitus and seems to be collapsing in on itself. O_o

TDD