Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Carbon Monoxide Detector and Humidifier?

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 04:36:54 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Maybe cause the humidifier puts out vapors
of dihydrogen monoxide, and might cause
false alerts?

The only thing I can think of, the detector will gather more dust with
higher air currents, and other deposits.

I still got to recheck my detector. I put it near my car exaust and it did
not sound.

When I got my first one 10 or more years ago, I had a bunch of
questoins and called the maker, a major name, and asked if I could
test it by putting it only a few feet from the furnace. She said not
to do that, I guess it would overload the sensor. Maybe you could
start fairly far and gradulally bring it closer.

My previous car for pollution testing actually had a measurement of
the CO, and it alternated between being high and low. I have no real
idea why. It was a 95 and had a catalytic converter.

Greg