Posted to alt.home.repair
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default Ron Paul: A New Beginning

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

CY: The US government has a deficit. They spend more than they take in. In
order to do more stimulus spending, they have to issue bonds, or promisory
notes. This further debt will be repaid by the next generation.

The USA has been issuing bonds in one form or another since at least the
Civil War. This hasn't hurt us as a nation.

CY: By over taxation, and over regulation. Taxes are built into every
layer
of business operation, and are crippling the nation. Over regulation is a
form of tax.

Most other Western industrialized nations are far more regulated and taxes
than we are, and yet they enjoy good economies. Germany is one of the
most-regulated and highly taxed nations and they're basically propping up
the lower-taxed, less-regulated nations of the European Union today such as
Greece.

CY: I think the tax burden is a major factor in hiring. Witness the shift
"temps" instead of full time employees.

No, I don't agree at all. Companies use temps because the "temp industry"
made it super-simple to hire only the bare minimum people needed. They get
a bill from the agency and the agency handles the payroll. So, rather than
pay someone for a 40-hour week when the job is 30 hours one week, 40 another
week, 25 the next, they find it cheaper/easier to just use a temp. I've
done temping and I've hired temps so I know what this is about.

CY: Wrongo! The only money government has, is what it took away from
someone
else. Or which it printed out of nothing, thus causing inflation.

No, unlike states or the private sector, the government can PRINT MONEY. As
long as our inflation is low (and ours his at HISTORIC lows) we can afford
to print money and give it to people.