Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Changing a lamp safely

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:41:40 +0000, Mrs Beattie wrote:
What about ladders? I was just going to stand on a small chair, but
apparently that isn't safe. I don't really want to buy a stepladder (do
I need to go on a course to use one?) just for one bulb, but it might be
cheaper than an electrician, unless he's good looking of course, maybe I
can answer the door with not much on and get a discount.

Put all the plugs in your bath, sinks etc. and turn the taps on. When the
water level rises in your living room as a result, you can use a small
boat and reach the bulb - no need for a ladder.