Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Changing a lamp safely

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:46:51 -0000, ARW wrote:

Mrs Beattie wrote:
I was going to change a blown lightbulb in my living room, but after
reading the instructions on the fitting it says I must be a qualified
electrician.

Must I call in an electrician? It's quite dark in here now with only
my reading lamp. It makes knitting quite difficult.

If I can do it myself, how do I choose the right bulb? Is it illegal
to fit the old filament ones now? Do I have to get one of them LED
things to stop global warfare?

What about ladders? I was just going to stand on a small chair, but
apparently that isn't safe. I don't really want to buy a stepladder
(do I need to go on a course to use one?) just for one bulb, but it
might be cheaper than an electrician, unless he's good looking of
course, maybe I can answer the door with not much on and get a
discount.

:-) :-)

I'll give you a 50% discount if you are Scottish AND a red head.

However I am not prepared to say what you will be getting 50% of.

I didn't think anyone liked redheads.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Excuse me, are you reading that paper you're sitting on?