Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default And here I thought I was being a smart ass

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:25:08 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

So we decide what is a noble cause and what isn't? And then every noble cause skips following all these rules, even though they would have if required, because one of them might not?

IMO, the government should not be telling private users what to do
anyway. There are other ways of serving the needs of the people so
that is not a restriction or turning people away. The law needs
revision.

And what about subsequent users of the building? Who don't get the benefit of the elevator that would've been required because the nuns spent a half-million on other renovations?
This wasn't a case of "in order to use the building spend money" but rather "you're already spending tons of money, here's a requirement."

Who cares about subsequent users? So if you are spending a million,
what is another million? I'm sure they had a budget and a limit. Once
the limit is reached you stop the project. The city just priced them
out of the neighborhood.

The drowning victim is a flawed analogy as well.

Why? We must obey all laws as you say.