Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] missingchild@brainchampagne.com is offline

Default And here I thought I was being a smart ass

I don't know that too many nuns could carry a typical 180 lb person up a couple of flights of stairs, and when they try and drop the person...

When you exceed the threshold dollar amount (or however it works) for retro-fitting, you have to come up to code. We don't pick and choose who doesn't have to because some buildings' use is more altruistic than some other use.. Otherwise you start drawing lines- is a private school altruistic? What if it's half scholarship students? Handicapped students? How about a restaurant that's a private enterprise but runs a cooking school for underprivileged kids? How about a church? A mosque? Scientologists? A health food store? A medical office? A company that melts down confiscated guns to manufacture artificial limbs for veterans?