Posted to alt.home.repair

Default And here I thought I was being a smart ass

On 11/10/2012 7:19 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
when I suggested that NYC was going to demand nutrition labeling on
their garbage dumpsters.
Mayor Michael Bloombergıs food police have struck again!
Outlawed are food donations to homeless shelters because the city canıt
assess their salt, fat and fiber content, reports CBS 2ıs Marcia Kramer.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/...ain-nyc-bans-f
ood-donations-to-the-homeless/

I remember reading about a group of nuns who were going to open a
homeless shelter in NYC in an old building. The powers that be told
the nuns that they would have to install elevators in the old building
at great expense. The nuns responded that they would carry anyone up
the stairs if they were incapable of climbing up themselves. The city
bureaucrat responded by saying something to the effect that "This isn't
Calcutta, we don't carry people up stairs. You will install elevators."
Of course, the nuns cancelled the project because it had just become
prohibitively expensive for their religious order. Don't you love the
way government bureaucrats spit in the faces of the citizenry? O_o

TDD