Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Used car prices: UP

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:15:09 -0500, wrote:

But the lumina was a POS to start with - so it lost value very
quickly. The 2005 Malibu may have held a larger percentage of vale.
You want apples to apples take blue book of a 98 civic in 2005 and
current blue book for a 2005 civic.

Uh, nothing wrong with my Lumina. What's wrong with yours?
Part of doing well with used cars is knowing something about them.
So if you got burned, that's your fault.
I'm sure there's plenty or random know-nothings who will say the
Malibu is a POS, so that levels that nonsense noise out.
As I said, the Malibu is the equivalent of the Lumina.
Besides, even the Lumina prices haven't fallen as much as I would
expect for a car that hasn't been produced for a dozen years, and it's
clear to me that used car prices are "unusually" high.
Why would I look at Honda prices when I don't want Honda?
I don't get your logic here. Maybe you can explain.
You're welcome to post your own Honda benchmarks if you care to.