Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Sony CDP-C335 carousel doesn't align with clamping assembly.

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
"David Farber" wrote in message
This Sony CDP-C335 is just a few millimeters away from working properly.
When the 5 disk carousel rotates the CD into place, the clamping
mechanism closes but the metal pin in the clamping mechanism which is
supposed to line up with the hole in the carousel is not lining up
properly. It either makes a loud snapping noise as the pin forces its way
through the hole in the carousel or the clamping mechanism jams
completely as it cannot force its way into place since the alignment
between the two is off. The belt in the carousel mechanism has good
tension and is not slipping. Anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

I think I would look at the flat wire from the carousel down to the main
board. Seen a few bad, and the opto-sensing would certainly be affected by
this.

Mark Z.

Hi Mark,

The flat wire checks ok. I've looked around this area and the only
suspicious thing I've found is that the carousel has a lot of loose travel
in it when it's at rest. I measured about 2.5mm of wiggle room at the
circumference of the carousel. That's plenty of error to cause problems. I
think the intermediate gear between the worm gear and the carousel is worn
out. It's location #66 on the parts blowup on page 22 of the service manual
he
http://www.electronica.ro/service_ma...ayer/cdp-c335/

Thanks for your reply.
--