Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT New tax coming.

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:

Why shouldn't they? The mileage difference is more than accounted for
by fuel duty. I know w few pensioners who can afford to pay far more
tax than any sales rep.

I'm thinking of my friends, retired farm workers, who are living on a
pathetic pension and yet have to drive 16 miles to the nearest shop.

These are the majority of OAPs requiring a complete change in the way
things are done just to suit them?

Wouldn't it be better if they weren't living on a 'pathetic' pension? That
is the root cause - and tinkering with things like VED only masks the real
issues.

Other thing is it's unlikely they will be able to drive all their lives -
so what happens then?

--
*I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize *

Dave Plowman London SW