Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default OT New tax coming.

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 20:32:12 +0000, Andy Champ
wrote:

I don't see why a pensioner who does 3,000
miles a year should pay the same road tax as a sales rep who does
100,000.

Tax on fuel would have the great advantage that they could dismantle all
the red tape involved in handling tax discs.

As I said on one of the other groups this week I can't see any
government giving up a revenue stream that easily.

If tax goes on fuel the tax disc will be called something else or
replaced by a fee for doing a electronic check on MOT and insurance.
Initially a lowish figure but a few budgets down the line will have
increased substantially . So you could end up paying a substantial
charge plus the fuel duty.

G.Harman