Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default (OT) Did Mitt lose because he's a Mormon?

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

I'd disagree. This is one definition of a religion "the body of persons
adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices" which certainly
pertains to atheists who are a body of persons (doesn't say have to be
church and there are organizations such as the Atheist Club of Topeka),
they certainly have a set of beliefs, they have definite practices that
they follow.

Do a little more research. Atheists do not have a common set of beliefs,
or ideologies, or philosophies, or practices, or anything else that
makes them a "group." They have only *one* commonality, and that is a
declination to drink the kool-aid, regardless of flavor.

Nice of you to make my point. My set theory from HS indicates that there
can be one thing in a set. The other thing that they all believe in is
that their religion isn't one.

The question: "what do atheists believe?" cannot be answered, precisely
because atheism is not a religion.

By every definition I have found, including many by atheist groups
themselves note they believe there is no god, or other supreme being.
It has always been fascinating to me that atheists get so upset when you
suggest their outlook is every bit as much faith as any
god-acknowledging person. They turn such a lovely shade of red.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe