Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default (OT) Did Mitt lose because he's a Mormon?

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 19:43:25 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

(As far as I'm concerned, Mormons aren't any more stark raving mad than
Catholics, Lutherans or Muslims.)

I'd add atheists, just to be fair.

Jim

You mean, just to be irrational. Atheism is not a religion.

I'd disagree. This is one definition of a religion "the body of persons
adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices" which certainly
pertains to atheists who are a body of persons (doesn't say have to be
church and there are organizations such as the Atheist Club of Topeka),
they certainly have a set of beliefs, they have definite practices that
they follow.
And since atheists can no more disprove the existence of a god than
the Christians and others can prove the existence of a god, it certainly
is every bit as much of a faith as the Christians, etc.

Sorta reminds me of Douglas Adam's quote:
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized
there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there
wasn't an afterlife.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe