Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are 3A plug fuses really necessary? Why not always 13A?

On Friday, November 9, 2012 4:23:14 PM UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo ,

whisky-dave escribió:

So are you saying I should put in a ~250ma fuse instead ?

Use your common sense.

Which would be wrong, because I as do others have to abide by the current ;-) legislation so calculating is less than half the battle.
If I wass using cvommon sense I;'d use teh lowest fuses I have which is a 1 amp, but I use management sense which means 3 amp is chosen.

BS1362 fuses are not available in 250ma,

yes I know and that's also why I said in another post ypou can;t use anit-surge

so a 3A fuse would be the best

choice.

Yep, which is NOT arrived at through a calculation which is the point.

As that's how I'd calculate it, but I'd put a 3 amp fuse in the plug as that's

what the manufactuer did.

There you go then.

yep no calculation necessary

--