Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default Tektronix FG507

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 16:18:20 -0500 "Charles"
wrote in Message id: :

"mike" wrote in message ...

On 11/7/2012 5:18 PM, Charles wrote:
I fired it up today and no joy. Took off all the covers/shields and
tested all the fuses and still no joy. Reseated all the connectors and
ICs.

Finally, after repeated power on/off cycles it started to work.

Any ideas? I need this generator for an important project but can't rely
on it now. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks Mike. I tried it in every position in the mainframe. Also, other
plug-ins work.

I never turned it off and it is still working. I will leave it powered on
until this project is completed and then look for a new function generator.
Darn, I really liked the FG507.

Manuals Plus claims to have a service manual.
http://www.manualsplus.com/catalog/p....php?sku=82316

You could also try asking on one of the Yahoo Tekscopes group.