Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dbrower@gmail.com is offline

Default Garden Hose End Re-thread Die

This is an old thread, but we may have found the real answer, finally:

http://www.chasertool.com/ for $12

Since I got here by googling for just this sort of thing, maybe this will help someone else.

-dB

On Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:53:23 PM UTC-7, dpb wrote:
NSN wrote:
Several of my hoses ( the good ones) have heavy brass ends which are
cut and look just like pipe threads ... but the are not tapered.
These are the ones I wanted to re-thread.

I've never seen a garden hose w/ that style an end--have a bunch of the
NPT to NH brass adapters which are, but not on the hose itself. Wasn't
considering that possibility and didn't get that from the original post
(obviously )...

In that case, however, I can see the point and can understand them
getting munged up more than a regular garden hose. Guess there's no
free lunch, is there?