Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Did Mitt lose because he's a Mormon?

In article ,
wrote:

Did Mitt lose because he's a Mormon?

I think that played a huge part in his loss.......

Just my opinion!

Don't feel like reading this whole thread, so this may have been posted
already:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155273/bi...dential-candid
ate-1967.aspx

Gallup says 18% of voters would *not* vote for a Mormon. Shocker for me
was that 40% of us don't even know he's a Mormon.

So assuming that 1/2 the voters are Republican and therefore might
otherwise have voted for him, 1/2 of the 18% of the "knowing" 60% might
have declined to vote for him since they know he's a Mormon and don't
like that. That's a bit more than 5% of the voters he may have lost
because of his religion.

(As far as I'm concerned, Mormons aren't any more stark raving mad than
Catholics, Lutherans or Muslims.)