Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default With Ohio This Election's Deciding State, Here Is The Truth Behind Its "Jobs Miracle"

"HeyBub" wrote:
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

GM and many other manufacturers have been "channel-stuffing" over the
past 6 to 9 months.

Building cars that they book as "sold" but are just filling dealer
lots to overflowing.

Now the the election is over, the avalanche of layoffs will start.

got a cite for that?

Here's one - on the "stuffing." I can't tell about the possible layoffs:

"...the entire incremental rise in sales [between September & October], and
then some, was due to [GM] stuffing dealers with even more inventory than
they can possibly handle!"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...g-soars-record

In looking at used cars, I've seen a big increase of good deals on craigs
list this past October from summer. I figure they are buying new cars. I
bought two used.

Greg