Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default internet controlled thermostat

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 05:09:09 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Nov 7, 9:01*pm, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-07-2012 08:40, wrote:

Why should anyone come home to a cold house when they
don't have to?

Because I'd rather keep my coat on for an extra twenty minutes with my
ten-dollar thermostat than pay hundreds for the ability to hang it up
immediately.

(Actually, I hang it up immediately anyway. *65°F is not particularly
uncomfortable.)

Crap. I warm my house up *TO* 65F. I generally don't touch it
anymore but when I was in Vermont the thermostat was set to 58F night
and weekdays and 65 in the morning and evening. Here I just set it to
65F and leave it (heat pump). Actually, I think the upstairs is set
to 62. My fingers are getting cold. ;-)

Wes Groleau

* * *It seems a pity that psychology should have
destroyed all our knowledge of human nature.
* * * * * * * * * * *— G. K. Chesterton

If it takes just 20 mins to warm your house up from
50 to 65 you're furnace is way over-sized.

Absolutely. It would cost me a fortune, too, because the resistive
heat would kick on.

I'm seriously thinking about one of the WiFi thermostats for the house
we're selling.