Posted to alt.home.repair
Kronos Kronos is offline

Default Gap to be expected?

wrote in message
Hi,

My cabinet maker tells me that this kind of hinge:

http://freeboundaries.com/Hinge.jpg

unavoidably leads to this type of gap:

http://freeboundaries.com/Gap.jpg

I can't see how that can be an acceptable gap. Am I correct and, if so,
what arguments can I use with the cabinet maker. (If I may request,
please don't comment on other flaws that are evident from the picture.

Thank you!

Sam

The only way it leads to that gap, is it's not adjusted or mounted
correctly. I have that type of hinge mounted with 3/4" maple. In fact, I
have to adjust a couple of them, because I'm getting a gap, but not as
large as you have.

If I find the time, I will post it later today.