Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Removing old water tank from loft

On 04/11/2012 22:51, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:48:20 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

I don't have and angle grinder.
As it is very awkward to get up there, I am not absolutely certain that
it is metal, though it looks like it. The hatch is far too small to get
it through, any suggestions for a reasonable approach, I do not wish to
spend a lot of money on a cutting tool that I may never use again. Is it
viable to hacksaw it, or will it be too thick?

Hire a powerstroke saw for the day, but at the hire cost you'd be as
well buying one from Aldidl anyway.

Thanks for all the advice, I decided to try km's solution. I now have
the saw, only need to get up to my daughters to see if it works OK. I
will post here to report how it went, after all others may be looking to
resolve a similar problem.